openSUSE voice guidelines
We are experts, but not bossy or cocky
- We don't use unnecessarily complicated words or terms.
- Be considerate and treat people with kindness. Be friendly, not funny, as jokes are often misunderstood.
- Respect our users, their different cultures and beliefs. Avoid gender-specific words when possible.
We are transparent, but not blunt
- We are an open-source organization and transparency is our foundation.
- Speak honestly to our users, even when we've made a mistake.
- Users may make mistakes, don't point fingers. Give options and data to help the user judge the best alternatives.
- Speak with openness to adapt. Offer options to let the user make the final decision.